Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer is ending :(

Well, the summer is coming to a close :( I'm sad! We've had so much fun being here in Cardston.

This past weekend was a blast and I'm sad I didn't get any pictures of it. Cardston has something called "Heritage Days" where they celebrate the town's...well, heritage, for a week. There are pancake breakfasts' at different places around town every morning and a parade on Saturday. Because Jason's Dad is the President of the Agricultural Society, we got passes to the Rodeo's on Friday and Saturday night. We had so much fun!

Today Jason's parents left for an Alaskan cruise and I had to say goodbye to them. It was sad to say goodbye, it's been so wonderful to spend time with them and to be in the place where Jason grew up. We're so grateful they were willing to put up with us for the summer while we saved money for our upcoming school year. We owe them big time for everything they did for us!

Saturday I'll caravan down to Utah with some friends of ours. It will be a VERY long 11 hour trip, but I am so excited to get back to Provo! On Monday I have New Teacher Orientation at my school and I'm really excited. We have teacher work days every day next week so we can get ready. I've been keeping in touch with the other teacher in the FACS program and she sounds great! This year will be really tough getting used to teaching on my own without a cooperating teacher or supervisors to help me, but I feel really lucky to be at the school I'll be at. Then the kids first day is the 22nd! It's all happening so fast but I'm ready to have my own classroom and be a part of the school. I'm also really excited for Jason to start the accounting program. I know that he's going to do great! While we were in Provo for Mike and Jill's wedding we picked up some new suits for him to look all professional and handsome in.

I thought I would take a break from lesson planning and packing to update everyone, but I must return! All our friends in Utah, we cannot wait to see you! To our friends in Canada, we'll miss you :(

On to new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment