Sunday, June 5, 2011

"You don't have to blog everyday"- Jason

To which my reply was, "I know! But I don't have anything else to do!" Which is partially true...

Today was such a good day! We live in a huge farmers town, so we started a huge ward fast for the "elements". It's been raining a TON here and it's also been pretty chilly. I'm pretty sure the whole stake was fasting, which was pretty awesome.

Most of you probably don't know, but I was called to be a cute little Sunday School teacher. I have 4 4-5 year olds. They are ADORABLE! Being in Primary is super fun and interesting. They all have such cute little personalities and it's so fun to hear the things they say about the church and about Heavenly Father and everything. It's even better when we go in to our room for lesson. Most of them are actually super shy in Primary, but VERY outgoing once we get into our room for the lesson. It's so cute to hear the things they pray for. They get SO off topic all the time, and there have been a few interesting things that they've said. I think this is my favorite calling by far!

After church today Jason and I went over to the storage unit to pick up this baby,



For those of you who are unfamiliar with this interesting piece of recreational equipment, it's called a Surrey. They have these all over a park city-ish place here called Waterton. Larry had to have one, so they bought it a few years ago and ride it during town parades and such. Jason and I decided on our empty fasting stomachs to go over to the storage unit and drive it home. It wasn't too far away, but far enough! It was NOT as easy as we had thought. We pedalled (when I say "we", I should say Jason!) until we were exhausted! We were so tired by the time we got home that after dinner we just crashed on the couch. And yet, we still love the surrey.

We leave for Calgary on WEDNESDAY! And California and THURSDAY!!!

I'm sorry, we really just can't get over our excitement about going to California. We Skyped with my Mom today and we're thinking of doing a tour of Alcatraz. Jason and I have been getting hooked on Prison Documentaries and we're super excited for Alcatraz!

Stay tuned for some awesome shots from our upcoming adventures....


Love,

The Schows



3 comments:

  1. That last photo is a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are too cute! So fun to hear about your adventures in Cardston...surreys...flooding...etc. =D All those things definitely happened when Tyler and I worked at DQ last summer...love you guys!! And I LOVE your blog! You need to tell me how to get music on it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Francisco here we come!!! Can't wait! Fun blogging, Ca Ca!

    ReplyDelete