Thursday, July 7, 2011

Busy Life

Well, Jason was right. I didn't have to blog every day. Life gets too crazy and too many things happen to keep up with something like this, but I thought I would give everyone a big update on our latest adventures.

I need to finish about our trip to San Francisco first....

My FAVORITE part of our San Francisco trip was the Trolley Car ride. We had so much fun! Jason got to hang off the side and, as you will be able to tell from the pictures, enjoyed himself quiiiite a bit.






The rest of us enjoyed ourselves as well. The trolley took us all over San Fran. On one of the hills, we were going down pretty fast and we all saw a car parked on the tracks ahead. And yet, we kept going faster and faster toward this car. I was honestly wondering if we were going to hit it. But the car didn't move! The trolley driver stopped within inches of this car. Jason proudly was the one who barely had to extend his arm to knock on this guy's rear window. Honestly, I don't see how you wouldn't see a trolley barrelling down the street towards you. This man, however, did not.





Overall we just had a blast with family at the wedding and playing in San Francisco. It was so much fun to spend time with parents, siblings, and relatives. We miss them!











Our last adventure in San Fran was a boat ride and tour at Alcatraz. It was so cool! It was the most beautiful day we had in San Francisco, and the warmest day they had had on the island so far that year. It was so interesting to hear the stories of the prison and it's prisoners.












After San Francisco I headed to Phoenix for my best friend, Monica's, wedding and Jason headed home. I was SO lucky to be able to stay with Liv and Tyler Schow and their kids for a day! Liv and I got to chat and we played with the kids, did some shopping. I enjoyed every minute with their cute little family.

Liv had always wanted to dress cute Jake in Lola's old clothes to surprise Tyler when he comes home from school. So lucky for me I got to witness the before and after, as well as Tylers very displeased reaction to his handsome little boy all dolled up. It was so funny!





Then came one of the greatest days ever. I got to be at Monica and Kolter Duke's amazing temple sealing and reception. It was so special to be a part of their big day. Monica looked absolutely beautiful and the day was perfect. With all the business of the wedding, I was only able to snap one picture of my gorgeous friend. Congratulations Monica and Kolter!



I was glad to get home to my husband and get back to normal life. Nothing too exciting had happened since we got home until yesterday. It was one of the worst days I've had in a long time. Everything just seemed to keep going wrong! I went on a trail ride the day before and got really sunburned on my face. If it wasn't painful enough, I was bit by a mosquito on my sunburn. This may not seem like a huge deal, but there are mosquito's out here that travel in vicious armies! They attack over and over again. It's the worst I've ever seen them!

As the day went on, other things kept happening. I broke off half of my big toe on a cabinet door and then decided to take a nap. Apparently we now know what a "heavy sleeper" I am because when I woke up I looked down on the bed and saw what I thought was my CZ earring. Nope... it was definitely the main diamond of my wedding ring. Still in it's prongs, it detached itself from the entire ring. WHAT THE HECK?! That was the cherry on my awful day. I was so ready for a new day to begin, let me tell you!

I have pictures to post of my fun and exciting trail ride, but will update with that later. I think this is far too much of an update for now. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment